Backup & Restore Minecraft Savegames on Mac OS X, Windows & Linux (testing)
About this project
After I got tired of copying everything by hand I looked a bit jealous over to the various windows minecraft backup solutions and decided to write my own one. For Mac of course. But since some people asked it’s also available for Windows and soon for Linux.
Development status: Ended.
Mac OS X
- Mac: Intel or PowerPC Processor with Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Windows: Windows 2000 or higher (XP/Vista/7)
- Linux: x86 distribution with GTK+ 2.8 (or newer), glibc-2.4, CUPS, libstdc++.so.6
- All: Diskspace for the backups. Faster system = faster backup.
Downloads removed since this program does not work with up2date Minecraft versions!
- Backup your savegames on Mac OS X, Windows & Linux (testing)
- Restore your save from previous backups
- Restore your savegame into another Worlds slot
- Repair corrupted savegames and worlds with chunk errors
- Delete previous backups you don’t need anymore with a click
- Unlimited backups per world (limited only by your HDD capacity ;))
- Universal Binary (Mac)
OSX: Open up the DMG and drag the application into your application folder.
Windows: Open the zip (with windows “extract all” or a similar program) and drag the treasure chest folder somewhere you like (and find it). How about the directory with the rest of your applications?:)
Linux: Untar & Un-gzip with your favorite GUI or Console tool. Move the folder where you find it (your home directory?). Please keep everything in the folder (especially the libs) as you got it.
- If you encounter errors please email me, write a comment or write something at the official Topic @ Minecraftforum.net
- Same goes for suggestions
- After some circumstances TC lists your first world twice (fixed in v4)
- “Backup now” Button is still usable if only a backup is found (only linux?) (fixed in v4)
- “Check for updates” Button doesn’t work on linux
- The copy dialog stays mostly blank on linux
v3.4 (linux only)
* Fixed some folder finding
* Fixed other bugs preventing TC to run on linux
+ Added missing libs to linux version
* Again, trying to fix that bug which prevents the app from working when only one savegame is found. Hopefully I got it right this time ...
+ Windows users now also got the update button :)
v3.2 (mac & linux only)
* Fixed a bug that kept app from working if only one savegames is present
# Changed the routine to find the folders. Should be run smoother on more systems now
+ Added update button (open the official treasurechest thread at the official minecraft forums)
+ Linux version now also available
- MD5 file verification is temporary disabled because it's slowing down the copy proecess big time. You'll be able to avtivate this in the next version if you like.
* Small bug-fixes
# Changed the GUI - Looks way better than the old one
# Changed console log
# Readme & Changelog now in HTML
+ Added/enabled savegame repair
+ Added MD5 check - Much more saver backups now but a little bit slower than before. That's the price to pay :)
+ Readme added for those who are not sure what to do
* Fixed file deletion - I really didn't notice that it didn't work at all
* Fixed a lot of stuff behind the curtain. Many things are now a bit faster, more secure or just need less code to work
* Future proofed backup engine to support LARGE savegames
# Changed the "last changed" info text into something more readable
+ Added a window to select a world to restore a backup into. Now you can, as an example, restore your backup of world1 into (the maybe empty) world5
+ Added a status text to the working window to inform you whats currently happening
+ Added a button to delete old backups you don't need anymore
+ Added a window to ask you before deleting your backup
+ Added logging to console (at least from time to time as of now)
+ Windows version now also available
# Initial release